Why spend time and effort building an organized Ad Campaign and effective PPC Ads, then send a consumer to your a landing page that doesn’t provide enough information for them to make a buying decision? Or worse — send them to your standard Home Page!
To establish trust and prompt users to action, I incorporate as many of these 15 elements as possible into my custom landing pages.
- Keywords to match the PPC Ad (which should have keywords that match the search).
- Properly optimized on-page elements; title tag, h1 tag, meta tags, keywords in text, in-page links.
- Strong title based on solid advertising principles.
- Call to action at the top, (possibly middle), and bottom of the page.
- Customer centric text. It’s not about what’s important to you as an advertiser. It’s about the customer.
- Meaningful photos or graphics to re-in-force the text. Not to detract from the text.
- Association memberships and associated images.
- Include testimonials.
- Utilize coupon or “web” special offer, especially if the call to action is only a phone call or email. You need to provide a mechanism to track the business.
- Warranty information as apporpriate.
- List the physical address and phone number of the business. This helps establish trust.
- Features and benefits. Customers buy based on emotions and then justify their purchases with logic.
- Payment terms and associated graphics.
- Business hours. After hours charges.
- Service area covered.